Friday, July 3, 2009

a new favorite

The Sunday before Alex's 15 month well visit, I made a peanut butter sandwich for myself. Chris was working overtime (again), and I didn't feel like making anything for just me and Alex. Well, I had a bite out of it, put it down on my plate and next thing I know the entire sandwich is in Alex's hands. Luckily, I don't like a lot of peanut butter. But he was eating it, and he was having a little trouble swallowing since it's so sticky. And I was panicking because I wasn't sure if he could have peanut butter yet. So we went to get his shots that Tuesday, and I told the doctor. Dr. Klemm said that he was more than welcome to have it... went into this long drawn out explanation of why the AAP didn't allow it before. This was also the day that he let me know that swim lessons weren't recommended for kids under the age of 4 (guess where we were headed to that afternoon?). Anyhow, Alex has discovered the joy of peanut butter. And he doesn't like it on bread anymore, just rubs his finger all over the bread until he has enough on there to lick it off. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment