Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a new chapter

Alex and I went to open house at his school today. As you may already know, I debated for months whether or not I should put him in school at least once a week. I finally decided on a school and the number of days after realizing I can't get anything done with this super-mobile (almost) 18 month old. So today was open house. We walked in and Alex immediately put his paci in his mouth. Whenever we go somewhere and he's very uncomfortable or he's unsure of what is going on, he sticks it in his mouth. The teacher asked me to put his "lovey" in his backpack every time he comes to school. And while he sleeps with Brobee every night, I guess you could say that his paci is his "lovey." I explained to Ms. Denise that it basically comforts him if he's hurt or just uncomfortable with a situation or tired. She understood. Alex loved his classroom. As soon as I let him stand in the room, he immediately started playing with things. And after a few minutes, the paci was dropped onto the floor. Since this school has a car line, I won't get to take pictures inside the classroom on the first day. So I took some today. Today's visit made me feel more comfortable. And I ran into a few of my friends there too. It's crazy that I didn't even know that their kids went to school there and I just saw some of them last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment