Even though his birthday was on Wednesday, we had Alex's birthday party yesterday afternoon. Everything went suprisingly well. I sent out e-vites, and everyone came. I was surprised and happy at the same time. With every single one of our immediate family members more than 100 miles away, I thought Alex wouldn't have many people celebrate his birthday with us except my mom and sister who have been planning to drive up here for his birthday since last fall. But everyone else who we invited were people we consider our family here in Alabama. I can't say it enough, but true friends really are family, especially with no family near by. And everyone came to celebrate Alex's frist year with us, in turn, showing us how much love and support we have in my home away from home. From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone who attended.They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. I take lots of pictures... on a daily basis. Even more since Alex was born. Enjoy a picture a day (or almost everyday), courtesy of me.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
birthday goodness
Even though his birthday was on Wednesday, we had Alex's birthday party yesterday afternoon. Everything went suprisingly well. I sent out e-vites, and everyone came. I was surprised and happy at the same time. With every single one of our immediate family members more than 100 miles away, I thought Alex wouldn't have many people celebrate his birthday with us except my mom and sister who have been planning to drive up here for his birthday since last fall. But everyone else who we invited were people we consider our family here in Alabama. I can't say it enough, but true friends really are family, especially with no family near by. And everyone came to celebrate Alex's frist year with us, in turn, showing us how much love and support we have in my home away from home. From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone who attended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment