Alex and I took a trip to Bridge Street today so that I could shop a little, then meet our friends for some ice scream at Maggie Moo's. I invited Kim (and Logan) and Mary (and Haley) to join my other friends. I was so happy they came. Alex did fine as I shopped. I bought some books at Barnes and Noble, then continued to look for some cute summer dresses. He was an excellent baby, I mean, toddler. The problem began around lunchtime, as it was nearing his nap time. We were eating lunch in front of the carousel and when Alex was done, he wanted to crawl around and explore a little. So as I'm holding Jeremy, Alex decides to take advantage of this time to climb DOWN the steps to get closer to the carousel. Laura held Jeremy for me as I get Alex. At this point, I think Alex could tell he was getting closer to his nap so he had a little tantrum because I didn't want him running all over Bridge Street. So deciding it wasn't worth the fight and since I was done with lunch, I chased him all around the food court area. Fun, right? After awhile, I decided it was time to head over to Maggie Moo's to keep Alex a little more contained. He was more than happy to go (Kim pushed the stroller for me while I held Alex) until he saw Logan running. That was it. He wanted down and he wanted to go as fast as Logan, which he can't do yet. We got our ice cream, and Alex was happy to sit in my lap and eat. When he was full, he decided he wanted to run around Bridge Street again. By this time, Mary and Haley joined us and Haley was more than happy to run around the area in front of Maggie Moo's with him. Exhausting for me.
Anyhow, at least Alex is napping now and I have time to blog and read my new book. I had fun today with my friends. It was nice to get out and enjoy the weather (before the rain). Chris and his buddies are getting together tonight to have a guy's night out. Kim said she might come over with Logan too.
No comments:
Post a Comment