barkada
In Tagalog, barkada means a group of friends. These are some of my mom's barkada. She has known them for almost 30 years. Almost. She met them when we moved to Florida when I was a couple of years old. Their daughters are my barkada from childhood. Even though we all live in different states now, we are still close. I have always admired my mom and her friends. To this day, they still have girl's nights out and girl's weekends out. This weekend, they went to Orlando together. I have always and still want a group of friends like this. As an adult, I have found it harder and harder to make friends. Situations change, and people who you thought were your friends, aren't. It's a sad thing, and has been hard for me to accept. I hope one day, ecspecially since I think I am going to live in this town the rest of my life, I can have a group of friends like my mom does and that we can have regular girl's nights or weekends out.
No comments:
Post a Comment