Tuesday, February 24, 2009

braver every day

I like to take Alex to the play area in the mall every couple of weeks or so - let him use some of that stored up energy. It's a good place to go because he can do whatever he wants. When we are at home, I have to tell him "no" a billion times. So he crawls around, climbs up things, etc. In the past, he has been scared of going through the tunnels, but today, he actually crawled through them. I was quite impressed. He even sat in the log one for a few minutes. Sometimes I wonder what he's thinking when he's quiet and by himself.

Anyhow, it was fun today. None of our friends met us there today, but usually we have a couple of people to have lunch with afterwards. I was telling Chris last night how it has been so amazing to watch him develop. For example, we've been watching his Baby Einstein sign language DVD for a few months now. When we first watched it, he really could have cared less and we could only sit in front of it for maybe 5 minutes. Now, he will watch the entire DVD by himself (YAY! leaving me time to do things). He'll laugh at the funny parts and point at all the things he finds interesting.

Well, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday so I had my last carbonated beverage this afternoon until after Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment