One month from tomorrow my baby will be a year old. This year has gone by incredibly fast. Anyhow, I FINALLY got Alex to drink from a sippy cup. I've been trying for the past 4 monhts, but he just never got the concept that you have to tip the cup in order to get any liquid out of it. Plus, I think he liked chewing on it (probably due to the outrageous number of teeth he already has) more than anything so he wasn't concerned with what was inside.I bought my favorite juice last week and put it in one of his sippy cups and he loved it. It's expensive so I'm going to have to find an alternate version for him. I really want him to learn how to drink from a cup because as of March 11th, no more bottles for him. They are all going to be put away, never to be seen again. Although Dr. Klemm has assured me that it's okay if he still needs to use a bottle at 12 months.
Speaking of turning one, his party is getting out of control right now. I need to stop thinking of people to invite or else we won't be able to fit everyone in our house. I've been starting to things for his party, like plates, napkins, etc. Laura told me I could have some of the decorations from Manny's birthday, which were hand-me-downs from Lisa. Awesome idea. Why buy everything brand new when you are only going to use them once?
The first week of March is going to be pretty hectic. I have an appointment for Alex to get his first haircut, another one for his 1-year pictures, and then my mom and sister are arriving into town for a little over a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment