Sunday, February 1, 2009

let us pray

I took this picture of Alex the other night when we were about to eat dinner - my mom's fried rice recipe. I have been teaching Alex to put his hands together when we go to church to pray. Church is extremely important to me, and it is one of the things that I hope to pass on to Alex. Anyhow, he did this before we ate dinner the other night so I suggested to Chris that we should say a prayer before dinner.

I sent this picture with the above explanation to my family and a few good friends. One of my friends, Lillian, from college responded with this...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! We've been teaching prayers with Cadence since she was a year or so? One day, out of nowhere, she can say the Our Father, Angel of God, and even grace before dinner!! Kids are like sponges!!!He's adorable Abby, love them cheeks! - good job, Mommy!! :D Love, Ate Lill

Her e-mail made me feel good. I didn't think it was such a big deal that he started to do something that I taught him. But it took an e-mail from another mom to make me realize how important my job as a mother really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment